How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Friday, December 09, 2005

Greetings from a Scrooge

Just spent RM33.70 mailing out my Christmas cards for this year.

On my way back from the post office, figured that with such cheap global calling rates these days, I could have probably called all the people I sent cards out to and wished them and probably still have change for an Indian vegetarian dinner at Saravana Bhavan. And to add salt to the wound, the recipients of my phone call would probably have remembered the nice gesture more than they will the mediocre greeting card that would grace their mantelpiece (or refrigerators or maybe not at all) for 2 weeks before ending up in the bin once 2006 rolls in.

Now for me to save this in memory and not go weak-kneed again next year when I see those youngsters selling X'mas cards for charity. There are, after all, more ways than one to give.

'Tis the season to be jolly......

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 4:40 AM, Blogger eileen said…

    my christmas cards are still sitting on my desk at our home office. :-).

    Sorry if they might be a bit late this year.. Maybe i'll send them off this weekend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home