How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Monday, December 19, 2005

In life, 2 things are certain... death and taxes

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well."
Author unknown

My exams are finally over and I can now breathe easily again.... but of all that I read, the above quote was the most memorable (the rest has probably gone to cold storage in my memory bank, never to be withdrawn again). So much for supposedly being a financial planning expert by now...

I have my life back and hubby, on the other hand, has his wife back. The moment I got into the car (the sweetie took me to the exam hall both days and waited till I was done), he turned his back to me and said "Quick! Take off the straight jacket that I've been wearing for 2 weeks!". Well, I must admit, he's done a lot more than just cook dinner for me during that time.

I insisted on studying in the living room since our study room furniture has not arrived and so I banned him from watching telly or listening to anything remotely sing-able (lest I break into song and forgot what I was reading, not that I didn't have to re-read the same line 10 times before anything went into my thick skull). The poor dear has not had any decent form of entertainment for quite a while, except for Malaysia's Most Beautiful which we watched together last Thursday. What? Me miss that? And give up my chance of bitching for a full hour? No way!

Looks like the telly and cinema will have to wait till next year though 'coz we've got plenty of stuff lined up for this week till Dec 31st. That said, hope this won't be my last blog for the year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home