How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Monday, August 13, 2007

Culinary adventures in Parkville

On Saturday Hubby & I decided to flex our culinary muscles. He'd been bugging me to make a souffle for him since MIL gave him a cookbook from UK last November and says it's his childhood dream come true to be able to eat one.... Whatever....

Anyway, we gathered a few willing guinea pigs in the form of Val, Keat and Shu Wei and ended up with guacamole with cream cheese, honey-glazed roast chicken and hot crab souffle. I made the guacamole & souffle.

I shall spare you the pics of the chicken. Taste-wise it was fine but the glaze was a bit dark so didn't look too good in the photo.

Hot from the oven


Looks good if I may say so. Hubby absolutely loved it but I thought it was so-so only. Somehow the crab taste was almost non-existent. A disappointment to say the least. From its name, I had expected it to be bursting with the taste of rich seafood.
Ah well... I'm glad I managed to fulfil someone else's gastronomic fantasies...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home