How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Friday, November 25, 2005

Malaysia's Most Bitchy-ful?

There are no beautiful women in Malaysia, only bitchy ones...

If you don't agree, just tune in to 8TV Thursdays at 9:30pm and you'll see what I mean. It's the new reality TV show to search for Malaysia's Most Beautiful... a woman who radiates with inner and outer beauty. NOT!!

The whole show is full of malice and it appears to be contagious. Even got psycho contestants, I swear! Sooooo..... memalufy-ing for Malaysians and womankind in general. Last night was the third episode and to be honest, it's getting a bit tiresome, all this bad-mouthing and crying and bragging. At the moment, there are but a couple of them who have not been underhanded but at the same time, their so-called beauty just isn't shining through. Seems as if too few people turned up for the auditions and the producers just took the lot.

Hate to say this but despite the awful editing and the lack of explanation on why some of them get voted out, hubby and I will block our diaries on Thursday evenings after dinner to plop ourselves in front of our telly and laugh at these bush pigs, as Austin would call them. The show does have some entertainment factor after all (we got no Astro mah). It's far from pretty but who cares? We just wanna watch the catfights and see how they try to cover up when they "sabo" one another.

Looks like being on-screen does bring out the worst in some of us. Who needs to be on TV anyway?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger melliebaby said…

    More on this topic
    http://www.judd.scravius.com/
    http://www.kahsoon.com/2005/11/11/malaysias-most-beautiful/

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger melliebaby said…

    Comment from Errol:

    Hi, Mel. I wanted to post a comment on your blog but have to sign up, and I didn't want to have yet another inactive Net account. No intention to have a blog.
    Ever since 8TV had begun airing promos for the show, I've been dying to watch it. I just knew there'd be tremendous entertainment value in putting together a dozen women of diverse backgrounds, who each don't mind being dubbed "Malaysia's most beautiful". Vanity and competition make an excellent combination.
    Unfortunately, I usually work late on Thursday. So far, I've only caught one episode -- the second one I think.
    You're right, it's great fun. This is the one featuring the Indian woman (can't remember her name; she got kicked out that episode) having a mother of a hissyfight with virtually all the rest.
    And I agree that the editing is a letdown. It's loose and a tad dishonest. I always feel that what we see is only a selective fraction of the whole picture, when it ought to be an fair encapsulation.
    Anyway, I'm on leave next week and you can be sure I'll be on my sofa at 9.30 pm on Thursday.

    Warm regards,
    Errol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home