How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Easy come, easy go

Was busy slogging for my exam one evening when I happened to glance outside at my garden... What's that I see on the leaf of my plant? Oh it's just a cute little worm... but wait!!! Why are all the leaves full of holes and where are all my flowers???!!!!


Chomp chomp chomp....

*Steps outside* and.... AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!! Where did these monsters come from??? Why are they destroying my garden???

*Grabs a pair of chopsticks*
Take that! You savage beast! Yeeuurrrgghhh...!!! *green slime spurts everywhere*
That'll teach you to mess with my plants!


Catterpillars big and small


Little do they know their fate...

By the time I was done, I must have collected at least 30 of the slimy things in my FOS plastic bag together with some snails and milipedes of some sort. The love I have for my plants must be damned strong for the squeamishness only set in about 10 minutes after I knotted & dumped the bag into the bin. Had goosebumps for an hour afterwards and kept thinking that I would be woken up by nightmares of a giant catterpillar coming to avenge the murder of its relatives.

Most of the flowering plants were devoured to almost nothing by the catterpillars (they practically ate at lightning speed) but some have started flowering again, thank God. However, the blooms are nowhere as lush as before and there are few colours to be seen. And that's the story of the near death encounter of my instant garden.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home