How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Monday, August 20, 2007

Fed on Grain and Love

After a series of postponements, hubby and I finally went for our long-delayed "pak toh" session last week. Since we're cutting down on our carbo, we decided to try out FOGAL meat market at Plaza Damas.

The verdict? Not too bad. I liked Khim's lamb burger which at less than RM15 was value-for-money. Came with a huge pattie, fries and coleslaw. Pic didn't turn out too well though.


Mine was a mixed platter, priced at RM35, that came with a steak (I asked for pork steak but they forgot and gave me beef instead), a choice of 2 kebabs and 2 sausages, a huge helping of salad and mash. I found the sausages too salty though.


We ended the meal with a sticky date pudding drenched in caramel and served with vanilla ice cream. Yummy! I would go back just for that. And if I'm not mistaken, that cost less than RM10.


Hubby kept commenting that the place lacks ambience but hey, with a name like that, whaddaya expect?

Oh yes, I cooked for mum & my inlaws last Wednesday. Attempted making a souffle again and this time with cream cheese and mushrooms and without following any recipe in particular and I'm proud to say that it was the piece de resistance of the meal! It turned out very light and fluffy at the top and creamy on the inside... Now, that's what I call a souffle! However, was busy putting Nat to sleep when the meal started so no pics.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home