How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Platypus to the rescue!

Half-filled on the left, rolled-up on the right

Finally got my Platys yesterday. Ordered them through Li, my eco-friendly products supplier turned friend (do check out her cool website).

For as long as I can remember, I've been re-using those PET soft drink bottles to store my drinking water for school and now work. Even after reading all those emails about how we shouldn't re-use them as repeated washing will cause the chemicals to break down and leach into our drinking water, which by the way is unfounded according to some research I did. I guess they've always been the convenient option since they're light (as opposed to glass bottles), dispense water easily (like pour straight into the mouth) and do not leak.

So yeah, I suppose you could say this was an unnecessary purchase but I love the fact that they're collapsible hence can even pop them into my handbag and tote one around. Also, they're 100% BPA (Bisphenol A)-free and can last for years, according to Li.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Tiny Tapir said…

    Hi Mel!

    Love the post, thanks :)

    The research shows, by the way, that leaching is not in 'significant amounts' to matter (ie there is still leaching but it's under the FDA alarm levels).

    However, if you consider all the different sources of BPA leaching, then ... it all adds up ya know? I just prefer to be safe than sorry - asbestos also used to be considered 'safe' at one time.

    Anyway, personally I always thought water in plastic PET bottles tasted nasty after a while :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home