How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Monday, March 26, 2012

Idolising Adam

My son has an admirer. A few weeks into his term in school, we found out that there was this girl from the 4-yr old class who took a liking to Adam and would sit down with him while waiting to be picked up after school. For some reason, she adores him and seems to enjoy mothering him.

We didn't know her name initially but only learnt it recently when we found out Tiffany was the only one in school who had contracted HFM from Adam (who had caught it from his cousin). Hmm... makes you wonder what the 2 kids had been getting up to, eh? I did feel quite bad that he had passed it on even though we stopped him from attending school the moment we realised he had it. If she got it as bad as Adam did, the poor girl would have suffered a lot indeed.

However, that didn't stop her from hanging around him after they both recovered and went back to school. Apparently, she waits for him each day at school and leads him around by the hand. Adam just goes along for the ride, oblivious to how amusing it all looks.

Being the parents that we are, Hubby and I started asking him who Tiffany was and if she was pretty. As you would expect, a 2-year old boy wouldn't have a clue about romantic notions nor that his parents were teasing him. Of course I had to go and plant words like "girl friend" in his head. So now, if you ask him who Tiffany was, his answer would be "ger pren". *chuckles!*

One day, Hubby decided to check out this "babysitter" for himself. The moment Tiffany saw Hubby coming into the school building, she let go of Adam's hand and dashed out of sight. Was she feeling the slightest bit of embarassment? Or was it guilt? We will never know. Hubby even caught it on video but all I could see from that 2-second clip was this rather tall girl running away from the scene and Adam standing clueless in the background.

If you ask me, I think it's quite amazing that a girl that age can be so capable of these emotions. How advanced are children these days anyway?

Come to think of it, I have had "guardian angels" like Tiffany before. One of my Standard 6 classmates used to be quite fond of me and would wait around for me all the time. She would allow me to copy her homework and would even queue up at the canteen to get me my bowl of noodles on a daily basis. It's a pity I am no longer in touch with her.

Well, I guess it's Adam's fortune too to have Tiffany around. Can't complain, can I? And if I ever need a babysitter, all I have to do is make contact with her parents.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home