How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Waiting to exhale



Me : Nat, Adam's almost 4 years old and he still can't read. You could read even before you were his age. Can you teach him? If not he will become "bodoh-bodoh" (excuse the derogatory term).

Nat : Me? I can't do that? It's inside of me. Why don't you take him to a doctor?

Me : ???!!!  Of course you can. Just show him how you do it and he will learn.

Nat : Ok. Adam, look at me. Breathe in * inhales deeply * and breathe out * exhales *.

Adam proceeds to imitate her.

Nat : Good. Do it again. Breathe in, breathe out. Good! One last time. Breathe in, breathe out.

Once again, Adam obediently does as he is told. 

Nat : Ok. Do this everyday.

Me : ???!!! Wondering how in the world this will help him recognise words before it dawned upon me....  NAT, I asked you to teach him how to READ, not teach him how to BREATHE!

Nat : Ohhh.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home