How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Monday, May 28, 2007

A few more firsts...

Wrote this draft more than a month ago but didn't have time to edit and post till now...

Have started showering Nat (as opposed to bathing) to prepare her for our Chiang Mai trip. I sure ain't gonna lug a baby bathtub all the way there! She was bewildered at first when I placed the shower over her head but she soon learned to bow her head so the water did not enter her eyes, nose and mouth. It's not easy holding up a wet and slippery baby I tell you, but I think Nat enjoyed the sensation of the shower spray. She kept holding out her hands to catch the water.

Last Saturday, Dad got us free tickets, complete with popcorn and drink each, for Spiderman 3 at TGV KLCC. Since it was a family affair, decided to bring Nat too. So it was the first time for both me and her at the cinema since her birth. It was a 2.30 movie so we settled into our seats at 2.15. It was almost feeding time but Nat's eyes were riveted to the screen, enthralled by the non-stop flashing of trailers and ads. She must have been thinking "What an awesome TV!". Val called to her several times before she turned to give a consolation glance and immediately swung back to face the screen.

A few minutes into the show, she started to fidget, looking for food so I fed her. In the dark, sandwiched between hubby and Val, I didn't have to feel at all embarassed about pulling up my blouse and nursing Nat. Ah... the beauty of breastfeeding... There were times when I could see her eyes wide open wondering what the noise at the front was.

She fell asleep after a while and I let her comfort suck for approx 45 minutes. Had to cover her ears in case she got woken up by the loud surround sounds though. When she woke up, she watched the rest of she show together with us and towards the end, during a part with dialogue, started babbling quite loudly and I had to silence her by nursing again. A few people behind us giggled though. All-in-all, a good experience though tiring when I cradled her to sleep as the seats were so narrow I couldn't rest my arms well.

Also began feeding her solids this week. I know she's barely 5-and-a-half months but there seems to be no satiating her appetite with only milk anymore. Decided to start out with organic brown rice cereal from Country Farms. She loves it! The instant I put the spoon into her mouth, there was no turning back. She kept lunging forward for more. I couldn't even spoon the cereal fast enough for her! Su says that she looked like a frog attacking an insect. So bad!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said…

    I am glad to hear you're educating your wee daughter from an early age in the joys of cinema! I must admit as I read along I was waiting for the moment when you would have to leave the cinema with a crying baby, but it never happened. Take care. Hug, Els

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger melliebaby said…

    Hi Els,
    thanks for checking in. Yeah, I too, was amazed that we stayed the duration of the movie. She's quite the TV addict anyway.

    Have been following your blog too. You look magnificent in your national costume. Very regal!

    Hugs too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home