How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Midnight ramblings

You are so beautiful
I wish you'll just stay the way you are
So tiny, so helpless, so dependent on me
Growing right before my eyes
Everyday you learn more and more
Someday you will no longer need me
and though you will make me proud,
the thought saddens me
I know I will have to eventually let go of you
but I don't want to
I can't bear the thought of you leaving me
I want to protect you from everything cruel
My hope is for you to be a good person
with strong values
and a love of God
No matter what
always know that my love for you
will only grow with each passing moment

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 5:16 AM, Blogger 3Fireflies said…

    Such a beautiful, lovely poem. Wish I can articulate my feelings that way...

     
  • At 6:23 AM, Blogger eileen said…

    Beautifully written.
    Would love to hear more from you.

    Anyway, Chin Kee wants to say that Nat looks just like you :-)
    Take care..

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger melliebaby said…

    Hey mummies!
    Thanks so much for your compliments and for always checking in on my blog. Rest assured I always visit yours but too lazy to write comments sometimes.

    SY, of course you can articulate your feelings that way! You write way better than I do. All I did was let my heart do the talking.

    Eileen, I have so much to blog about but so little time! Also, I'm a little hesitant about blogging about Nat all the time. Although she's the centre of my universe now, I should also have an alternate life, right? Tell CK he's not the only one to think that. But whenever someone makes that comment, Khim always accuses me of not thinking of him more during my pregnancy hence his daughter doesn't look like him.

    Love you girls!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home