How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Another year older but none the wiser....

I am officially now in the Thirty-something category.

Do I feel smarter? No!

More capable? No!

Older? Most certainly!

And no doubt this stems from my being a mother now. Spontaneity is a thing of the past. It's a good thing though that Hubby hasn't lost his "spur-of-the-moment"ness for he really pulled a surprise on the eve of my birthday. The last time this happened was when he proposed to me in a farmhouse in the middle of nowhere in York.

So anyway, we were sitting down watching telly after a sumptuous dinner of "Buka Puasa" delicacies from the Taman Tun market when the lights suddenly went off, everyone else broke into song and I was presented with a green tea cake from San Terri Cottage. Anyone else would have basked in the moment but I kept asking "When did you get the cake?", " How come I didn't see you bring it in?", "Did you get it yourself?". Count on me to spoil everything. But seriously... it was really sweet and I was happy of course.

"SURPRISE!!"

The accomplices

Mel : You're the king of surprises. I'm not worthy!!

About being older, well, what of it? *Shrug* It doesn't matter to me. As long as I'm with the ones I love, I couldn't be more blessed.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Bliss said…

    Happy Birthday Mel! I didn't know Ah Khim can be so romantic! I can't remember the last time Keat surprised me with anything.

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger 3Fireflies said…

    Happy Birthday!! You look very young and sweet in the photos, like a teenager! So no worries...

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger melliebaby said…

    Thanks for the wishes!
    Young & sweet? Like a teenager?
    Wow! You've just made my day, SY!
    Love you girls!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home