How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Saturday, September 22, 2007

You're cordially invited to an intimate dinner with...

...read the invitation I received from Sunrise. Hubby and I were lucky enough to be selected again for another Sunrise-sponsored event last night. This time, it was a dinner and fashion show at the recently opened Umai-ya at Uptown 37.

The co-sponsors were V-Mag, Omega and Estee Lauder so instead of showcasing apparel, the models went round the restaurant exhibiting Omega's latest watch and jewellery collection. I had a free hand massage except it wasn't so much a hand massage as it was a 3-minute application of hand cream by the promoter.

Dinner was a elaborate 7-course Japanese meal comprising among others sushi, sashimi, unagi tempura and various maki. I breached my dietary restrictions a little by having some soy sauce. Hey, you absolutely cannot eat sushi without dipping it into wasabi and soy sauce, can you? Hubby and I were lucky to get a table for two so we practically had a paid-for date.

the freshest and tastiest sashimi I've had in a long while

Hubby couldn't wait for me to finish taking the shot before poking his chopsticks into the delectable Twin Towers maki

Unagi tempura. Yum!

Overall, it was a well organised event though they could have kept it a little shorter with a bit more planning. Food was good and so were the door gifts. Hubby and I are all for freebies (the cheapskates we are!). Hand them out this way anytime!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home