How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Monday, March 10, 2008

8th March 2008

'Twas the day of the 12th General Election of Malaysia.

Woke up at the crack of dawn and headed for the Sekolah Kebangsaan Sultan Hishamuddin Alam Shah at 7.30am to exercise my right as a citizen of our beloved country. Had to check many weeks beforehand where the school was located. Although I had lived nearby for several years, I didn't know till then what its name was.

I got there just before 8 and everything was a breeze. I was in and out in less than 15 minutes.

And for those who had the smarts to pick it up, yes, it was my first time voting in the general elections. After all, there hasn't been a more crucial time than now to make the people's voices heard since I've been eligible to cast my vote.

The results were overwhelming, to say the least. That night we went to bed early but kept getting updates on the results via SMS, some of which were very unexpected, so much so that Hubby decided to turn on his laptop to catch up on the rest! Democracy is certainly not dead but whether there will be any change is something we'll all have to wait and see.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger 3Fireflies said…

    Tell me about it!! YL and I haven't been this excited about Malaysian politics...since...ever! There may be no change, but at least we know that democracy is not all dead in Malaysia...

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger melliebaby said…

    You said it alright! Before this, I knew next to nothing about Malaysian politics but the turn of events the past few weeks have got me hooked on the news and blogs around.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home