How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Friday, November 30, 2007

Through the barricades

Hubby and I thought we didn't have to worry about putting up a safety gate since the house isn't all that big and Su's there all day to watch over Nat. But it turns out, she's too fond of going all the way up to get to chest of drawers where her clothes are kept and pulling everything out of them! Again, her sneakiness factor ranks high as she'll only climb up when Su's not watching 'cos she thinks she's napping or something.

We decided we couldn't take any chances and so I got the First Few Years hands-free safety gate which was on sale at Robinsons. Had to get 2 extra extensions too! In case you're wondering, no, it's not an optical illusion. Had to slant it a bit otherwise whoever comes down the stairs would not be able to step on the pedal to release the catch.

"Eh, what's this? Oh, just a door. Never mind, I'll get it open in no time."


"Papa, what's wrong with this door? I've been pushing and pulling but the latch doesn't work!"


"Fine! Ignore me... I'll just slip myself in between the bars..."


"Help! I'm not as slim as I thought I was..."

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Snoopyjazz said…

    Ohh....u finally bought a gate! It's the one that I was looking and looking... but decided that we build our own.

    How is it? How much was it at Robinsons? You need to mount it between 2 walls right? Glad that you found one that suits you.

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger melliebaby said…

    I got it with 2 extensions and it came up to RM340 after 10% discount.
    Hope it lasts!

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Elisabeth said…

    Ahhh....she looks so disappointed in the last photo. I hope she finds something else to amuse her...
    Keep up the posts...I love coming in for a glance into your life!
    hug, els

     

Post a Comment

<< Home