How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Spice girl


What can I say? My daughter has definitely inherited her parents' obsession for a certain berry called chilli. She was content just dipping her fork into the chilli sauce and licking it while we feasted on wonderfully succulent roast pork from Simee market. The area surrounding her lips turned red eventually but she seemed hardly affected by the pungent taste.

Despite her dietary limitations (no wheat, cow's milk or milk products, soy, eggs & nuts) due to her eczema, I'm so thankful that Nat's quite adventurous with food. To the extent of enjoying something as decidedly haute cuisine as avocado with creamed roe on rice crackers. Okay, who am I kidding? Adventurous is not the word, she's plain greedy! That girl eats anything! At any time! Which makes me worry incessantly about whether she will have a life-long battle with weight (again, just like her parents). But who am I to deny a growing child of nutrition?

My only consolation is that she's also extremely active. She dances, runs around the house and climbs up and down chairs non-stop during the day. The only time she's still and quiet is when she's sleeping.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger eileen said…

    Oh my goodness! Eating chilli sauce!! Kathryn runs away when we mention the word chilli or curry :)
    haha!
    But Nat does a very good job of feeding herself, yea?

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger melliebaby said…

    Thanks! Yes, she's quite independent like that. Then again, she'll probably get more food than if she had to rely on us feeding her so it's no wonder she wants to feed herself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home