How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Sunday, September 07, 2014

Giving Thanks

28th August 2014 : I have been nominated by Joyce Yoong to share 3 things that I am thankful for each day for five days, and in turn nominate 2 friends to carry on this chain of gratitude. Here is day 1 and day 2 of my gratitude challenge:
1. I am so blessed to have a loving husband BK Toh, who has given my life so much meaning and is ever-supportive of what I do. 
2. I am eternally grateful for my somewhat large family (in-laws included) whom I love dearly and keep close to my heart and who form such an important support system making my life a breeze.
3. I am so lucky to have a sister as awesome as Valerie Oh whom I get along so well with and who makes my workdays fun.
4. I thank God for giving me the opportunity to be a mum third time around and that this child will come into the world with so much love surrounding her.
5. I am so glad for newfound friends (you all know who you are) who are super-cool and like-minded in our parenting outlook, filling my life with so much colour in the months leading up to my confinement!
6. I am grateful everyday for my 2 rascals for teaching me so much in life and loving me unconditionally. Without them, my life would not be complete.

I am nominating, to this gratitude challenge, my amazing and ever-young mummy, Nancy Chan, because I am who I am because of you (though I'm not sure if you will take up the challenge), and my newfound friend Li-Hsian Choo because I am simply in awe of you mothers of multiples!


30th August 2014 : Day 3 of 5-day gratitude challenge.
1. I love where I live and am extremely lucky that my in-laws have welcomed us into their home. Just by getting groceries down the road, I somehow bumped into & reconnected with 2 very old, long-lost friends in a span of half an hour.
2. I am thankful to have a helper whom we have known for 14 years & has been with me since 2006. She also loves my kids and cooks very well.
3. I'm glad that my kids have educators who are extremely dedicated & passionate about what they do.

Today, I nominate Julie Hui and Yanesly Widjaja to accept this gratitude challenge as I'm proud of their commitment to education and they have come a long way in their business so am sure they have lots to share.


31st August 2014 : Day 4 of my 5-day gratitude challenge
1. I am grateful for having grown up in my beautiful & beloved country. Though it's not perfect in many ways, it's still "tanahairku" - I would not hope to grow old anywhere else. Selamat Hari Kebangsaan, Malaysia!
2. I am thankful for the fantastically fun-filled day spent with awesome friends. Our kids are so lucky!
3. I always look forward to my yoga practice at Prana Yoga & the wonderful yoga teachers there. Thanks to Angeline LiewRaymond Lim & Lily Yap.

Today I nominate the incredibly articulate Alison Lee to this challenge because she is my oldest friend (we've known each other for 34 years) & I'm a big fan of her work.


1st September 2014 : Day 5 of my 5-day gratitude challenge (Already?) :-
1. I'm ever thankful and grateful for God's presence in my life. I'm so blessed with love all around me, it's hard not to be happy. And when things get a bit rough, He guides my path & all is well again.
2. I'm grateful for being able to hold a flexible job, one that allows me to attend to my family when necessary & one that I love.
3. I am so lucky to have access to abundant and glorious food in KL... Yum! (Yes, I absolutely MUST dedicate one whole gratitude note to food!)

Today I nominate Eileen Yoon and Diana Diana Lee Wright to take up this gratitude challenge and post 3 things they are grateful for, for the next 5 days and in turn, nominating 2 other people each day to pass on their gratitude notes. Eileen Yoon, because she's an amazing mum and wife to an extremely lovable family, and Diana Lee Wright, because I like the thought-provoking notes that she posts on FB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home