How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Monday, December 18, 2006

Post-partum


It's now 28 days since I was pregnant and here are a few physiological changes I've noticed.

The good news is, breathing is so much easier now that I don't have the extra baggage competing for space with the rest of my organs. This means that I can now go back to sleeping on my back without feeling like I have a boulder on top of me. Also my bladder seems to have regained its normal capacity and then some. It's like a bottomless pit, pretty much like my daughter's stomach. I'm amazed at how much fluid I can drink without having to go to the loo.

On the negative side, my looks have taken a complete nosedive and I don't mean from the time before I got pregnant.

The past few weeks in confinement have moulded me into the perfect personification of "Aunty" with shaggy, dishevelled hair, a double chin and upper arms that wave in the wind. My derrierre is even bigger now than when pregnant. I'm serious! Pants that I was able to wear right up till delivery are now bursting below the midsection onwards. I fear I may never again wear anything without elastic waistbands, never mind my size 27 levi's.

I also have a belly button the size of a grapefruit and stretch marks that make my tummy look like something out of a geography textbook. I dunno... maybe it's the lack of sunshine or polluted air or something and the moment I can step outdoors, the fat will miraculously melt away. There's hope yet... NOT!!

The only thing that has increased in size that I don't quite mind are (surprise, surprise!), my mammary glands. But with the extra weight and the constant feeding and not to mention that nursing bras do not exactly have the best support, gravity has become my boobs' biggest enemy. Oh well, I am a cow, for now anyway!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home