How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Friday, June 01, 2007

Yo-Ho-Ho and a Bottle of Rum

A few weeks back I got a call from Sunrise Customer Loyalty Programme staff asking if hubby and I would like to attend the Spiderman 3 premier. Since dad had already gotten us free tickets for that, I asked if they had anything else lined up. She told me there was and so I asked to be invited to that instead.

And so, last night, after putting Nat to bed, we headed down to Cathay Cineleisure for our free buffet dinner and screening of "Pirates of the Caribbean, At World's End" courtesy of Sunrise Berhad. Aren't they simply an ace developer? I'm sure Aileen will agree.

Sad to say dinner was disappointing but I guess can't blame the caterer since there were no cooking or reheating facilities at the Premier Lounge so they could only serve cold, pre-cooked food.

The movie started at 9.30 and went on for almost 3 hours! Good value, you could say, but up until just before the credits roll, I hadn't a clue what the show was about! Maybe not having watched Episode 1 & 2 contributed to my lack of understanding but Hubby, who had just watched the first sequel a few weeks back was almost just as confused as I was. And there I was, thinking it would be an evening of relaxing entertainment that didn't require me to flex my brain muscles.

For those of you who haven't seen the show, I'm not going to spoil it for you and reveal the plot. And don't let my experience deter you, especially those Johnny Depp fans out there (He's so versatile. Hubby and I absolutely love his Tim Burton collaborations especially "Sleepy Hollow"). I've gotta say he's the highlight of the movie and he doesn't even have to try to be funny. He just is! Miss Knightley's character, on the other hand, could've been better cast. I dunno... she just doesn't have Pirate Mojo.

So there you go, my first blog pseudo-review.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home