How bizarre!

The strange and not-so-strange happenings in the life of me

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Nat's ill

My daughter fell ill. For the first time. On my birthday.

Her nose is runny, her breath is thick with phlegm and she has a temperature. The works. She goes about her daily routine as normal and still smiles as cheekily as ever but my heart is heavy. I want to just hold and comfort her the whole day. I don't want to go to work and so I don't.

Our usual paed, Dr Junina's clinic is closed on Thursday mornings (coincidence you say?) so I had to look for an alternative. After scouring the Net at home, I settle for Dr Kwan in Damansara Jaya. He's a good doctor that I would go back to if Dr Junina is again unavailable. He prescribes Polaramine for the runny nose, Benadryl expectorant and Bricanyl for the phlegm.

Nat obediently opens her mouth to consume the spectrum of colourful syrups (including Paracetamol) that are her medication but you can see she's not happy with them. Mum comments how good a girl she is. Spoke too soon. Later in the evening, she absolutely refuses to even so much as open her mouth upon seeing the syringe in my hand. When I manage to force one dose down, she promptly throws it up again with the next dose. I am left with no choice but to put her to bed without the drugs.

God, please help her recover soon. *Big sigh...*

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Bliss said…

    I know exactly how you feel. The first time Dennis got sick when he was 8months+ (after I wean him off), I panicked! But thank god, he recovered on his own the next day. He fell really ill a month later with a stomach flu. That time it was really bad, he had diarrhea and fever and lost so much weight. It really broke my heart.

     
  • At 10:49 AM, Blogger Ren said…

    Get well soon Tik Chu, and give Mummy a nice big smile so she can change her PC wallpaper.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger melliebaby said…

    Yes, I'm hoping she doesn't lose her appetite too much these few days. She can afford to lose some weight but I like her just the way she is.

    Thanks for the well wishes Ren!

     
  • At 1:06 AM, Blogger 3Fireflies said…

    Don't worry too much. Look on the bright side - it's necessary to help them to to build up immunity.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home